Monday, June 6, 2011

Crazy Days Ahead

So, you know how you think you're going to be all organized and have things ready when you know that next summer you are going to be doing one or two festivals and you have the winter and spring to get ready? Well, that summer is here and oh my.... lions and tigers and bears.. This weekend while I was working on getting a large quilt project ready to quilt.... my daughter came to town and got busy. She tagged and bagged every item I have for festivals and inventoried and categorized and filed it all under mom's nut file. It's so amazing to look at the tubs all ready to go to fairs and events. I have a nuts and bolt crate and an inventory crate or two. It's was such a gift of time and even though she knows how amazing it was for me I want to thank her again because it really was such a gift. I can focus for the next few weeks on getting ready for the next one and the next one and the next one. I have an event every weekend in June. Now, I know what I have to do and can do it. Kids really are amazing, even the grown ones. So today and tomorrow, quilting an extra large custom quilt double sided pieced tops and then Wed through Sat sewing my brains out getting ready for the crafty underdog event this Sunday. Should be great fun, food and music and Mama Jean's Kind Threads will be making her first appearance. Will keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment