Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March Madness

So, lets say your friends tell you that in a year or so you will be sewing for a living and making quilts featuring Day of the Dead, skeletons, spiders, custom art and pagan stars you might have said "are you nuts?"  But as I reflect back over the past two years and the journey I've been on to get to this point right now today, I realize that that is exactly how I am making a living.  Am I surprise, yea a bit. I always thought when I started out on this journey I would be sewing dresses for women of real sizes and shirts for men of real sizes this was quickly converted to really, a Day of the Dead quilt, brilliant can I have one too.  So the dresses and shirts sort of took a back seat and the quilts took over my life.  I am covered, literally in fabrics with smiling, laughing, dancing skeletons all about and let's face it.. they make me happy.  I can't help but smile when I see them, I love let me rephrase I LOVE working in bright happy colors and the feeling of taking another quilt off my quilt frame well I'm not going to say it beats a good cup of coffee and a piece of great chocolate but hey, there needs to be a few sacred things left in the world, but truly it's incredible.  I adore seeing them come out of the dryer covered in the magic of quilting I just can't help but give each and everyone a big hug. The warmth of the dryer lingers in the quilt and I give a little thanks to the person who order it for making my dreams come true.  So, for all those who say dreams don't really come true, maybe just maybe it's right there a bit different then you thought you saw but there still the same just waiting for you to embrace it and dance away into the sunset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment