Monday, March 5, 2012

Everythings Coming Up Sugar Skulls




Maybe it's spring fever but I have been wanting to create new sugar skull wall hangings because every time I see them I love the colors that are exploding on them and I just want to get lost in them.  So yesterday and today has been flooded with color.  I have so enjoyed working with the.  The orange one  made me smile just quilting it, and today the blue and green one with pretty butterflies made me thing of all the beautiful fairies from festival and how I can't wait to go again this year.  The last one I worked on was white with roses and it reminded me of the upcoming Rose festival, a very big deal here in Portland and then I think of the Recycle Fair that I am part of that also happens in June.  Yup, spring is about dreaming and hoping for a new and bright day ahead and today, I was able to escape the down pouring rain if only for a few hours to dream of sunny days and flowers and fairies and fun.  Who could ask for anything more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment